INTERA Incorporated is seeking a self-motivated Mid-Level Geologist, Hydrogeologist, or Environmental Scientist for our Carlsbad, New Mexico, office. We are interested in a team player who would like to be involved in the hydrology program at the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) along with site characterization at other INTERA sites in New Mexico and Texas. This is an opportunity to perform technical work both in the field and in the office. An enthusiasm for learning and problem solving will likely lead to a variety of job assignments.
In this position, the chosen candidate will be contributing to a technical team of geologists, hydrologists, geochemists, engineers, and GIS analysts. Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Developing site maps in ArcGIS
- Supporting updates and maintenance of water quality and well construction databases
- Collecting water samples and participating in hydraulic testing events
- Developing and maintaining ES&H documents and plans
- Managing and analyzing environmental data to be used in developing reports
- Interfacing with the on-site client
Required Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, geosciences, hydrogeology, or related field
- 5+ years of applied relevant experience
- Advanced degrees may be substituted as professional experience
- 3+ years of experience with hydrologic monitoring programs with stringent QA requirements (e.g., DOE/DOD Sites, WIPP Site)
- 3+ years of monitor well gauging, sampling, and hydraulic testing and/or drilling and geologic logging and/or flow/contaminant transport modeling and development of site conceptual models
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Skills and experience in both data evaluation and technical report preparation
- Ability to work with a project team or independently to complete technical work
- Ability to travel to project sites or meetings within New Mexico and Texas
Desired Education and Skills
- Prior experience working for an environmental or engineering company
- Foundational knowledge of hydrogeology, preferably in southeast New Mexico
- Experience with ArcGIS
- Experience with ES&H programs
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training
About INTERA & Our Benefits
We deliver solutions for some of the most challenging environmental problems in the world. Founded in 1974, INTERA has grown into an international geosciences and engineering consulting company that helps clients make informed business decisions, mitigate risk, and drive optimal outcomes.
Building and sustaining a strong company culture is at the heart of INTERA’s practice of good stewardship. We strive to foster an environment where people love the work that they do and the place that they work because we believe our employees are our most valuable asset. As an employee-owned company, we invest in benefits that can meet our people’s needs for security, health, and well-being. We provide a wide range of benefits for employees including a $0 cost health plan, equal benefits for domestic partners, performance bonuses, tuition reimbursements, and much more.
These are some of the reasons why many of our employees have spent 10 to 25 years or more at INTERA. We love what we do, and it shows.