INTERA Incorporated is seeking an Air Quality Intern to perform tasks in support of project deliverables in the air quality permitting and compliance disciplines. This internship serves clients in both public and private sectors. You will be based in our Torrance, California, office, and begin work on Monday, May 16th, with an end date of Friday, August 12th. This assignment will be 40 hours per week (8 hours per day, 5 days per week).
Required Education and Skills
- Two years of college or an Associate's Degree in an environmental consulting discipline (e.g., geology, hydrology, environmental science, engineering, etc.)
- Academic or practical experience with chemical and/or process engineering, atmospheric sciences, toxicology, and/or public health
- Experience performing technical research
- Ability to develop engineering reports, emission calculations, and technical presentations
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Founded in 1974, INTERA has grown into an international geosciences and engineering consulting firm that helps clients make informed business decisions, mitigate risk, and drive optimal outcomes in a multitude of industries.
Building and sustaining a strong company culture is at the heart of INTERA’s practice of good stewardship. We strive to foster an environment where people love the work that they do and the place that they work because we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. For this reason, many of our employees have spent 10 to 25 years at INTERA. We love what we do, and it shows.