INTERA Incorporated is seeking a Director of Operational Application and Business Processes Technology. You’ll be a key decision-maker in the evolution of INTERA’s database and software applications, so we need a candidate who is driven, collaborative, and knowledgeable. Your responsibilities will include directing application development and managing applications, licensed software, and GIS systems from the procurement stage to maintenance and closeout. An important role of this position is to develop business cases to support either application development or software procurement consistent with INTERA’s IT Strategic Plan, and the needs of INTERA’s modeling professionals. Our modeling professionals span across the US with some in Europe and Australia, and they will need your expertise to help create model programming standards with improved use of technology. Your previous experience will help us enhance our staff's efficiency and transform our workflows.
If selected for this position, you will work under the direction of our CTO and assist the Vice-President of IT in the development of INTERA’s IT Security plan. We hope you’re up for the challenge!
- Collaborate with the VP of IT and the Director of Operational Data Technology to create operative annual plans and budgets that support the strategic direction of the Technology and Knowledge department
- Prudently manage the Technology and Knowledge department’s resources
- Work with INTERA’s Line of Business (LOB) Presidents to identify projects that need application and programming development, and create a budget estimate for any software licensing and maintenance for current and future projects
Operational Application and Business Application Technology
- Promote a company culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance, and rewards productivity
- Work with the VP of IT to implement the Technology and Knowledge Strategic Plan and its policies
- Collaborate with Project Managers and LOB Presidents to identify resource needs for digital transformation projects
- Examine business processes with other INTERA staff to determine the best IT/OT solutions
- Provide recommendations for appropriate hardware solutions for software implementation with the VP of IT
- Develop a standardized method for documenting applications and the business processes of critical IT software technology and application databases
- Provide technical expertise in the development and management of software applications and databases with the Director of Operational Technology
- Track the development and use of all applications and determine the appropriate closeout and removal procedures for unused or outdated applications from the network
- Assist the VP of IT in the guarantee of security of IT resources, especially in project proposals
- Make recommendations for the replacement and standardization of custom in-house software applications with off-the-shelf software when applicable
- Balance the application development workload between internal staff and contractors for INTERA required in-house applications
Marketing and Sales
- Work with the CTO, Corporate Marketing VP, and the INTERA’s business development leads to support sales in the company’s line of businesses when applicable
- Evaluate the risks associated with software scopes of work in INTERA proposals with the CTO, CAO, LOB Presidents, and the CEO
- Bachelor’s degree with course work emphasis in computer science, management information systems, business management, or a related field
- 7+ years of progressive experience in high-level project and staff management environments; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining databases, software application development, and GIS systems
- Demonstrated experience in business case development, project management, and documentation
About INTERA & Our Benefits
We deliver solutions for some of the most challenging environmental problems in the world. Founded in 1974, INTERA has grown into an international geosciences and engineering consulting company that helps clients make informed business decisions, mitigate risk, and drive optimal outcomes.
Building and sustaining a strong company culture is at the heart of INTERA’s practice of good stewardship. We strive to foster an environment where people love the work that they do and the place that they work because we believe our employees are our most valuable asset. As an employee-owned company, we invest in benefits that can meet our people’s needs for security, health, and well-being. We provide a wide range of competitive benefits for employees including a $0 cost health plan, equal benefits for domestic partners, performance bonuses, tuition reimbursements, and much more.
These are some of the reasons why many of our employees have spent 10 to 25 years at INTERA. We love what we do, and it shows.