INTERA Incorporated is looking for a Web Programmer to join our Richland, WA, office. We’re an established international geoscience and engineering consulting firm that delivers solutions for some of the most challenging environmental problems in the world. As a Web Programmer, you will be developing applications that support modeling and risk assessment activities at the U.S. Department of Energy’s Hanford Site. This is a great opportunity for an entry to mid-level candidate to collaborate with some of the environmental industry's top talent while working in a highly skilled team of programmers.
Although located in our Richland, Washington, office, this position offers flexible schedules and core hours with a hybrid work model that incorporates a mixture of time in the office and time working from home.
This is an entry to mid-level position. Primary duties include working as part of a team to develop web-based applications and supporting technical staff with scientific codes for data processing and visualization.
- Design, code, and debug web applications with minimal oversight and direction
- Incorporate user feedback to improve software design and function
- Contribute to and maintain design and user documentation
- Work well independently and in teams
- Adapt positively to changing requirements, deadlines, and priorities
- Write testable, maintainable, and elegant code
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with version control software such as Git or SVN
- An aptitude for acquiring new programming languages
- A college degree: undergraduates expecting to graduate in 2022 are encouraged to apply
- 0-4 years of experience
- U.S. citizenship is necessary due to federal government security requirements
- Experience building, documenting, and using authenticated REST APIs
- Experience deploying software to cloud environments (e.g., Azure, AWS)
- Experience with modern build tools such as Webpack and NPM
- Experience with modern web technologies such as Django, GraphQL and Redux
- Experience with Linux, SQL, Python, R, C#, and the .NET framework,
- Experience developing unit and acceptance testing
- Knowledge of design patterns and general development best practices
Founded in 1974, INTERA has grown into an international geosciences and engineering consulting company that helps clients make informed business decisions, mitigate risk, and drive optimal outcomes.
Building and sustaining a strong company culture is at the heart of INTERA’s practice of good stewardship. We strive to foster an environment where people love the work that they do and the place that they work because we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. As an employee-owned company, we invest in our people’s needs for security, health, and well-being. We provide a generous benefits package for employees including a $0 cost health plan, paid parental leave, equal benefits for domestic partners, performance bonuses, tuition reimbursements, and more.
These are some of the reasons why many of our employees have spent 10 to 25 years at INTERA. We love what we do, and it shows.