INTERA Incorporated is looking for a motivated early to mid-career Geochemist to join us in our Albuquerque, New Mexico, office. In this position, you will mainly support INTERA’s mining projects related to the permitting, operation, and closure of a variety of mine and mill sites. However, we are a multidisciplinary consulting company so there may also be opportunities to support our other lines of business in water resources, environmental services, and radioactive waste disposal.
Our ideal candidate is talented, dedicated, and eager to collaborate with mixed teams of other geochemists, hydrogeologists, scientists, and engineers. This position is a great opportunity to share your knowledge and abilities to devise safe and cost-effective solutions for our mining clients, all while learning from some of our industry’s most highly skilled professionals.
Although located in Albuquerque, this position offers flexible schedules and core hours with a hybrid work model that incorporates a mixture of time in the office and time working from home. To succeed, you will need a solid understanding of geochemical principles and standard geochemical analytical techniques. Your work will include carrying out and overseeing others on the following types of tasks:
- Developing scopes of work and sampling and analysis plans
- Compiling, wrangling, synthesizing, and analyzing data to develop conceptual and quantitative models of geochemical systems
- Generating visualizations of geochemical data
- Analyzing geochemical data using basic to advanced statistical approaches
- Creating inputs and evaluating outputs from geochemical models
- Evaluating quality assurance/quality control procedures and data for models
- Preparing reports and technical presentations for clients, regulators, and other stakeholders
- MS in Geosciences or a closely related field with a concentration in geochemistry or chemistry
- 5-10 years of applicable experience with a primary emphasis on water, sediment, bedrock and/or mine waste geochemistry data acquisition and analysis
- Experience with geochemical modeling with PHREEQC or similar software
- The ability to be an effective member of project teams with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A PhD in geochemistry or a closely related field
- Experience with methods commonly used in the mining industry, such as static and kinetic testing and batch leach tests
- Experience with statistical analysis software, such as R
- Basic programming skills
- Spanish language proficiency
About INTERA & Our Benefits
Founded in 1974, INTERA has grown into an international geosciences and engineering consulting firm that helps clients make informed business decisions, mitigate risk, and drive optimal outcomes in a multitude of industries.
Building and sustaining a strong company culture is at the heart of INTERA’s practice of good stewardship. We strive to foster an environment where people love the work that they do and the place that they work because we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. As an employee-owned company, we are committed to investing in our people’s needs for security, health, and well-being with:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance that includes a free health plan option for employee-only coverage
- Paid Parental Leave – up to 12 weeks for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Group Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage – paid 100% by the company
- Holiday, Vacation, and Sick Time
- Opportunities for Stock Ownership
- Performance-Based Bonuses & Award Programs for Technical Paper Publication and Employee Referrals
- Career Coaching instead of Performance Evaluations
- Tuition Reimbursement, Financial Assistance for Professional Licensure & Registration, and one paid membership to a professional society
- Pet Insurance, LegalShield, IDShield, and more
These are some of the reasons why many of our employees have spent 10 to 25 years at INTERA. We love what we do, and it shows.