INTERA Incorporated is looking for an Accountant to join us in our Austin, Texas, office. We’re an established international geoscience and engineering consulting firm that delivers solutions for some of the most challenging environmental problems in the world. So, we’d like our Accountant to be a committed member of our Accounting and AR/AP teams to keep INTERA running like a well-oiled machine. Our ideal candidate is collaborative, service-minded, and up for a challenge or two. We are constantly growing, and we want you to grow with us.
Although located in our Austin, Texas, office, this position offers flexible schedules and core hours with a hybrid work model that incorporates a mixture of time in the office and time working from home.
- Receive, process, verify and reconcile invoices and expense reports
- Record entries and prepare checks
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices
- Prepare monthly/quarterly sales tax filings in multiple state and local jurisdictions
- Prepare annual vendor/contractor 1099/1098 filings
- Enter data into Fixed Asset software
- Record entries and reconcile/prepare monthly depreciation reports
- Process annual property renditions and confirm the property tax billings
- Protect the organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Assist in preparing company business activity and financial position reports
- Other reasonable and related duties or requests
- B.S. in Accounting or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in general accounting (preferably with other consulting or personal services firms), accounts payable, fixed assets, sales taxes, and/or other general accounting duties
- Knowledge of the ins and outs of general ledger accounting, state, and local tax basics, and reporting procedures
- Moderate to advanced proficiency in Excel, and sharp analytical skills
- Self-motivation, truly awesome people skills, and the ability to play nicely with others
About INTERA & Our Benefits
Founded in 1974, INTERA has grown into an international geosciences and engineering consulting firm that helps clients make informed business decisions, mitigate risk, and drive optimal outcomes in a multitude of industries.
Building and sustaining a strong company culture is at the heart of INTERA’s practice of good stewardship. We strive to foster an environment where people love the work that they do and the place that they work because we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. As an employee-owned company, we are committed to investing in our people’s needs for security, health, and well-being with:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance that includes a free health plan option for employee-only coverage
- Paid Parental Leave – up to 12 weeks for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Group Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage – paid 100% by the company
- Holiday, Vacation, and Sick Time
- Opportunities for Stock Ownership
- Performance-Based Bonuses & Award Programs for Technical Paper Publication and Employee Referrals
- Career Coaching instead of Performance Evaluations
- Tuition Reimbursement, Financial Assistance for Professional Licensure & Registration, and one paid membership to a professional society
- Pet Insurance, and more
These are some of the reasons why many of our employees have spent 10 to 25 years at INTERA. We love what we do, and it shows.