INTERA is looking for a skilled and motivated Senior Hydrogeologist, or a Senior Water Resources Engineer, to lead technically complex projects for sophisticated clients. In this position, you will support both Project Management and Technical Lead functions on a wide variety of projects: groundwater sustainability planning, conjunctive use of surface-water and groundwater resources, managed aquifer recharge, indirect potable reuse, mitigation of sea water intrusion, contaminated groundwater remediation, and other groundwater engineering and management projects. Your work will be a valuable contribution to INTERA’s Water Resources Line of Business Strategy which focuses on four areas:
1. Water Resources Planning
2. Groundwater Recharge and ASR
3. Groundwater Engineering
4. Groundwater Supply (including high-capacity Municipal and Industrial Wells)
So join us today in delivering excellence, expertise, and sound science to solve our client’s water resource and water supply challenges.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams of hydrogeologists, engineers, numerical modelers, and GIS analysts to execute and deliver client solutions on schedule and within budget
- Work with clients to identify appropriate solutions, and develop the coinciding scopes of work and cost estimates
- Guide clients successfully through complex regulatory programs such as California Title 22 and SGMA
To succeed, you will need a strong background in conceptual hydrogeology, numerical modeling GIS, and previous experience with MODFLOW and other codes as both a high-level user and a technical team lead. You should also have familiarity with the key regulatory drivers in California including the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA), California Environmental Quality Act, Title-22 Regulations for Recycled Water Recharge, Groundwater Well permitting requirements, and evolving regulations on emerging contaminants such as PFAS.
A California PE, PG, or CHg is highly desired.
- MS in Hydrogeology, Water Resources Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience that showcases a successful track record of team leadership and client engagement
- Strong technical skills
- Efficient decision-making ability
- Effective project management skills with a focus on the client
- Clear, well-rounded communication skills and the ability to maintain strong interpersonal relationships
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Able to collaborate across diverse, multidisciplinary teams
- Adept planning, time management, and organization skills
About INTERA & Our Benefits
Founded in 1974, INTERA has grown into an international geosciences and engineering consulting firm that helps clients make informed business decisions, mitigate risk, and drive optimal outcomes in a multitude of industries.
Building and sustaining a strong company culture is at the heart of INTERA’s practice of good stewardship. We strive to foster an environment where people love the work that they do and the place that they work because we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. As an employee-owned company, we are committed to investing in our people’s needs for security, health, and well-being with:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance that includes a free health plan option for employee-only coverage
- Paid Parental Leave – up to 12 weeks for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Group Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage – paid 100% by the company
- Holiday, Vacation, and Sick Time
- Opportunities for Stock Ownership
- Tuition Reimbursement, Financial Assistance for Professional Licensure & Registration, and one paid membership to a professional society
- Performance-Based Bonuses & an Award Programs for Technical Paper Publication
- Career Coaching instead of Performance Evaluations
- Pet Insurance, and more
These are some of the reasons why many of our employees have spent 10 to 25 years at INTERA. We love what we do, and it shows.