INTERA Incorporated is seeking a Mid-Level Quantitative Hydrogeologist for our Austin, Texas, office. In this position, you will be a part of our modeling team working on flow and transport modeling and system-level performance assessment modeling for the Hanford Site in Richland, Washington. Additionally, you’ll be contributing to talented multi-office and multi-disciplinary teams of geologists, hydrogeologists, geochemists, engineers, and GIS Analysts to design conceptual and numerical models.
We are looking for someone who has a strong understanding of the hydrogeologic principles and practices required for developing appropriate conceptual models and numerical models. Our ideal candidate can clearly and expertly explain the results of their work in reports and presentations to a variety of stakeholders.
Our purpose is Innovation and stewardship for a sustainable tomorrow. Help us make a difference today.
Required Education and Skills
- MS in Hydrogeology, Hydrology, Geology, Civil/Environmental Engineering, or a related field
- Applicable experience using GoldSim probabilistic modeling platform
- Applicable experience using flow and transport codes for modeling vadose zone and saturated zone
- Previous experience with scripting languages such as Python, R, etc.
- The ability to work independently and be an effective member of project teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with presentation experience
- US citizenship is required to access and use federal high-performance computing systems
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required to comply with federal contracting requirements
About INTERA & Our Benefits
Founded in 1974, INTERA has grown into an international geosciences and engineering consulting firm that helps clients make informed business decisions, mitigate risk, and drive optimal outcomes in a multitude of industries.
Building and sustaining a strong company culture is at the heart of INTERA’s practice of good stewardship. We strive to foster an environment where people love the work that they do and the place that they work because we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. As an employee-owned company, we are committed to investing in our people’s needs for security, health, and well-being with:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance that includes a free health plan option for employee-only coverage
- Paid Parental Leave – up to 12 weeks for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Group Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage – paid 100% by the company
- Holiday, Vacation, and Sick Time
- Opportunities for Stock Ownership
- Performance-Based Bonuses & Award Programs for Technical Paper Publication and Employee Referrals
- Career Coaching instead of Performance Evaluations
- Tuition Reimbursement, Financial Assistance for Professional Licensure & Registration, and one paid membership to a professional society
- Pet Insurance, and more
These are some of the reasons why many of our employees have spent 10 to 25 years at INTERA. We love what we do, and it shows.