INTERA Incorporated is looking to fill entry to mid-level positions for a Groundwater Modeler/Quantitative Hydrogeologist in our Houston, Texas, office. If selected, you would provide support for our groundwater modeling projects, and other general hydrogeologic analysis under the direction of INTERA’s senior modelers/hydrogeologists. We’re looking for someone who enjoys collaboration, is a self-starter, and resourceful. This is an excellent opportunity to advance your technical skills and career while collaborating with some of the industry’s top talent.
Our purpose is Innovation and stewardship for a sustainable tomorrow. Help us make a difference today.
Work assignments will include developing conceptual models of groundwater flow systems, supporting the development of groundwater models, performing quantitative hydrogeology, analyzing aquifer pumping tests, and evaluating hydrogeochemical data. The position requires knowledge of numerical methods, MODFLOW codes, computer programming, and GIS software. A strong Python skill set is necessary. Experience with optimization software such as PEST and PEST++ is a plus. Other job duties may include short-term work in the field.
- BS or BA in Engineering, Geology, or a closely related field
- Experience with developing MODFLOW-based groundwater models
- Python skill set
- Able to relocate to Houston, Texas, if needed
- MS in Civil Engineering, Hydrogeology, or a similar field with an emphasis on groundwater hydrology and/or groundwater modeling
- 3-10 years of experience with an emphasis on quantitative hydrogeology and groundwater modeling
About INTERA & Our Benefits
Founded in 1974, INTERA has grown into an international geosciences and engineering consulting firm that helps clients make informed business decisions, mitigate risk, and drive optimal outcomes in a multitude of industries.
Building and sustaining a strong company culture is at the heart of INTERA’s practice of good stewardship. We strive to foster an environment where people love the work that they do and the place that they work because we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. As an employee-owned company, we are committed to investing in our people’s needs for security, health, and well-being with:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance that includes a free health plan option for employee-only coverage
- Paid Parental Leave – up to 12 weeks for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Group Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage – paid 100% by the company
- Opportunities for Stock Ownership
- Performance-Based Bonuses & Award Programs for Technical Paper Publication
- Career Coaching instead of Performance Evaluations
- Tuition Reimbursement, Financial Assistance for Professional Licensure & Registration, and one company-paid membership to a professional society
- Pet Insurance, and more
These are some of the reasons why many of our employees have spent 10 to 25 years at INTERA. We love what we do, and it shows.