INTERA Incorporated is looking for a self-motivated Water Resources Lead to support business development and project management in New Mexico. Our ideal candidate is someone with extensive experience in the water resources industry who is eager to take on a team lead role. The mentorship of our junior and mid-level professionals is important to us, so we want it to be important to you. Additionally, this position requires someone who is goal-oriented with a growth mindset so that you can assist us in executing our Water Supply and Water Resources strategic plan.
INTERA’s purpose is Innovation and stewardship for a sustainable tomorrow. Help us make a difference today.
Desired Attributes and Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in water planning, water resources engineering, hydrogeology, geology, or a related field
- An enjoyment of, or previous experience with, giving back to the community via participation in local professional societies and non-profits
- Previous or current relationships with New Mexico water agencies such as the NM Office of the State Engineer, NM Interstate Stream Commission, Albuquerque District of the Corps of Engineers, Reclamation, and the Water Utility Authority
- The ability to develop new work via task-order-based contracts with public entities
- The capability and knowledge to serve as project manager and technical lead for a team executing tasks and work orders for public entities
- The efficiency with managing project scope, schedule, and budget
- A knack for developing, nurturing, and growing existing and new client relationships
- Residence, or the willingness to reside, in Albuquerque, New Mexico, or Santa Fe, New Mexico. Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify.
About INTERA & Our Benefits
Founded in 1974, INTERA has grown into international geoscience and engineering consulting firm that helps clients make informed business decisions, mitigate risk, and drive optimal outcomes in a multitude of industries. Building and sustaining a strong company culture is at the heart of INTERA’s practice of good stewardship. We strive to foster an environment where people love the work that they do and the place where they work because we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. As an employee-owned company, we are committed to investing in our people’s needs for security, health, and well-being with:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that includes a free health plan option for employee-only coverage
- Paid parental leave – up to 12 weeks for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Group term life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, short-term and long-term coverage – paid 100% by the company
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick time
- Opportunities for stock ownership
- Performance-based bonuses and award programs for technical paper publication and employee referrals
- Career coaching instead of performance evaluations
- Tuition reimbursement, financial assistance for professional licensure and registration, and one paid membership to a professional society
- Pet insurance, and more
These are some of the reasons why many of our employees have spent 10 to 25 years at INTERA. We love what we do, and it shows.