INTERA Incorporated is looking to fill an entry-level position for a Groundwater Modeler/Quantitative Hydrogeologist. The preferred location for this position is in our Richland, Washington, office, but it is not essential. In this position, you will support our team working on flow and transport modeling and system-level performance assessment modeling at the Hanford Site. Additionally, you will be contributing to expert multi-office and multi-disciplinary teams of geologists, hydrogeologists, geochemists, engineers, and GIS Analysts to design conceptual and numerical models.
We are looking for self-starters who face all project challenges head-on with expertise and commitment so that we can continue to exceed client expectations. We believe this is an excellent opportunity to advance your technical skills while collaborating with some of the industry’s top talent.
Our purpose is Innovation and stewardship for a sustainable tomorrow. Help us make a difference today.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide support for hydrogeologic analysis under the direction of INTERA’s senior modelers/hydrogeologists. This includes:
- Performing quantitative hydrogeology and numerical flow and transport modeling
- Compiling, synthesizing, and analyzing data to develop conceptual and numerical models of groundwater flow systems
- Helping create inputs and evaluate outputs from groundwater modeling
- Carrying out quantitative hydrogeologic analyses using simple models and evaluating data using a variety of techniques such as GIS, geostatistics, statistics, or time-series analysis
- Preparing reports and technical presentations for clients, regulators, and other stakeholders
- BS in Hydrogeology, Hydrology, Geology, Civil or Environmental Engineering, or a related field
- Solid understanding of hydrogeological principles and practices
- Some exposure to Python and R with a willingness to learn
- Some experience with developing MODFLOW-based groundwater models
- MS in Hydrogeology, Civil Engineering, or a related field with an emphasis on groundwater hydrology and/or numerical modeling
- 2+ years of applicable experience with an emphasis on quantitative hydrogeology and/or groundwater modeling
- Python skill set
- Experience with optimization software such as PEST and PEST++
Expected salary range: $70,000 — $85,000
About INTERA & Our Benefits
Founded in 1974, INTERA has grown into international geoscience and engineering consulting firm that helps clients make informed business decisions, mitigate risk, and drive optimal outcomes in a multitude of industries. Building and sustaining a strong company culture is at the heart of INTERA’s practice of good stewardship. We strive to foster an environment where people love the work that they do and the place that they work because we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. As an employee-owned company, we are committed to investing in our people’s needs for security, health, and well-being with:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that includes a free health plan option for employee-only coverage
- Paid parental leave – up to 12 weeks for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Group term life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, short-term and long-term coverage – paid 100% by the company
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick time
- Opportunities for stock ownership
- Performance-based bonuses and award programs for technical paper publication and employee referrals
- Career coaching instead of performance evaluations
- Tuition reimbursement, financial assistance for professional licensure and registration, and one paid membership to a professional society
- Pet insurance, and more
These are some of the reasons why many of our employees have spent 10 to 25 years at INTERA. We love what we do, and it shows.