INTERA Incorporated is looking to fill entry to mid-level positions for a Groundwater Modeler/Quantitative Hydrogeologist in our Austin, Texas, office. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who faces all project challenges head-on with expertise and commitment so that we can continue to exceed the expectations of our clients. Additionally, we value dedicated team players with an enthusiasm for learning and problem-solving. If this sounds like you, this position could be a great opportunity to advance your technical skills while collaborating with some of the industry's top talent on projects that make a true impact.
Our purpose is Innovation and stewardship for a sustainable tomorrow. Help us make a difference today.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide support for groundwater modeling projects, and general hydrogeologic analysis under the direction of INTERA’s senior modelers/hydrogeologists. Work assignments will include developing conceptual models of groundwater flow systems, supporting the development of groundwater models, performing quantitative hydrogeology, analyzing aquifer pumping tests, optimizing wellfield designs, and evaluating hydrogeochemical data. The position requires knowledge of numerical methods, MODFLOW codes, computer programming, and GIS software. A strong foundational Python skill set is necessary. Experience with optimization software such as PEST and PEST++ is a plus. Other job duties may include short-term work in the field.
- MS in Civil Engineering, Hydrogeology, or a related field with an emphasis on groundwater hydrology and/or groundwater modeling
- Previous experience with developing MODFLOW-based groundwater models
- Python skill set
About INTERA & Our Benefits
Founded in 1974, INTERA has grown into international geoscience and engineering consulting firm that helps clients make informed business decisions, mitigate risk, and drive optimal outcomes in a multitude of industries. Building and sustaining a strong company culture is at the heart of INTERA’s practice of good stewardship. We strive to foster an environment where people love the work that they do and the place that they work because we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. As an employee-owned company, we are committed to investing in our people’s needs for security, health, and well-being with:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that includes a free health plan option for employee-only coverage
- Paid parental leave – up to 12 weeks for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Group term life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, short-term and long-term coverage – paid 100% by the company
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick time
- Opportunities for stock ownership
- Performance-based bonuses and award programs for technical paper publication and employee referrals
- Career coaching instead of performance evaluations
- Tuition reimbursement, financial assistance for professional licensure and registration, and one paid membership to a professional society
- Pet insurance, and more
These are some of the reasons why many of our employees have spent 10 to 25 years at INTERA. We love what we do, and it shows.