INTERA Incorporated is seeking an exceptional individual to join our team as a Mid-level to Senior-level Environmental Project Manager. Based in the vibrant city of Albuquerque, NM, this position promises to be an adventure in the realm of Mining and Environmental projects.
As a pivotal member of our Mining and Environmental Line of Business, you will be entrusted with the vital task of managing and providing technical support for a diverse array of projects. These projects will include environmental assessments, hydrogeological studies, subsurface investigations, remedial designs/remedial actions, and remediation system operation, maintenance, and monitoring.
You will also have the opportunity to take the lead in crafting persuasive proposals in which you can showcase your skills in presenting our services to potential clients. Additionally, you'll be an integral part of our forward-thinking business development endeavors, ensuring our continued growth and success in the industry.
At INTERA, we understand the value of pushing boundaries and nurturing innovation. We foster a collaborative work environment where your ideas and expertise will be not only appreciated but actively encouraged. You'll be surrounded by a team of like-minded professionals who are passionate about making a positive impact and driven to create sustainable solutions for our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering, hydrogeology, geology, or a related field
- 8 to 15+ years of experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Investigation experience using various sampling and borehole advancement methods
- Investigation experience using high-resolution site characterization methods
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with clients and regulators, manage project budgets and schedules, and lead multidisciplinary teams
- Strong understanding of conceptual site models, contaminant fate and transport concepts, human health and ecological risk, and models to predict contaminant migration, remediation system performance, and receptor risk
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Willingness to travel to project sites and other INTERA offices
- Master’s degree in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering, hydrogeology, geology, or a related field
- Experience using New Mexico Environment Department and New Mexico Department of Energy, Minerals, and Natural Resources Department rules, regulations, and technical guidance in project work
- Experience using GIS, data management, and data visualization software
- Technical and regulatory knowledge of emerging contaminants such as PFAS and 1,4-dioxane
Founded in 1974, INTERA has grown into an international geosciences and engineering consulting firm that helps clients make informed business decisions, mitigate risk, and drive optimal outcomes in a multitude of industries. Building and sustaining a strong company culture is at the heart of INTERA’s practice of good stewardship. We strive to foster an environment where people love the work that they do and the place that they work because we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. As an employee-owned company, we are committed to investing in our people’s needs for security, health, and well-being with:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that includes a free health plan option for employee-only coverage
- Paid parental leave – up to 12 weeks for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Group term life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, short-term and long-term coverage – paid 100% by the company
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick time
- Opportunities for stock ownership
- Performance-based bonuses and award programs for technical paper publication and employee referrals
- Career coaching instead of performance evaluations
- Tuition reimbursement, financial assistance for professional licensure and registration, and one paid membership to a professional society
- Pet insurance, LegalShield, IDShield, and more
These are just some of the reasons why many of our employees have spent 10 to 25 years at INTERA. We love what we do, and it shows.